
Wow, it's April already. Korean people say wow really funny, it sounds like 'wahooo'. It's cause they spell it like that, (와 wa) (우 oo). I laugh all the time when they say it, I don't even bother to try to hide it anymore. I've learned that you can laugh at just about anything here, and if you say it's cute when they look at you you with that why-the-hell-are-you-laughing-at-me face, it's not offensive. Anyway, I'm on month 5 already. That's just nuts. Only 7 months left of my contract after this one.
I've been playing music with Jon and Kaler (I finally learned how to spell his name correctly) a good amount. We met a pretty cool drummer, but we're gonna finish up about 3 more songs before playing with him. We found a practice space this week, because well, the cops showed up at Jon's place one night. Luckily I was able to wriggle my way out of it in Korean. They weren't pissed, they seemed just happy to have avoided trying to speak English with the noisy foreigners. The space is a 2 minute walk from Jon's and only $10 an hour. It has two large guitar amps, a bass amp, and a PA. It's nice and clean and wahooo that's cheap, $10!
I'm learning the Korean pretty well. I think in 2 months I'll be able to communicate a lot in complete sentences. I'm working on conjugating verbs in past, present, and future/presumptive tenses now. Classes are getting pretty fucking hard. I think 1 hour every night of studying is necessary. I have to learn about 30 words a week to keep up the vocab for the new course I started yesterday alone.
Yumi and I are having a great time together. If only I lived in Seoul, we could spend more than two nights a week together. Next year, hehehe. We pretty much just go to see films at the cinema, or this weekend we went to something called a DVD room they have everywhere here in Korea. It's basically like your own private mini cinema / DVD rental store. It's cool, but the one we went to yesterday had too thin of walls and the sound was bleeding through from about 4 different films ranging from slightly annoying, to who the hell watches that crap. A lot people just go to DVD rooms to have sex. hahhaaaha, fun fact. Yumi's a credit watcher. I mean she sticks it out through the whole credits section. I'm not a fan of the credits, but since she kicks ass on so many fronts, this is less than a minor inconvenience. We go to Hongdae and drink moderately at the aforementioned and highly praised Nabi often, and there is a new location on the tour called Ladyfish, which I would describe as Nabi's little brother, or sister for you feminists out there. Why would we need this new mini-Nabi you think? Because well, Nabi is now swarmed with foreigners on fri-sat nights. Lame, lame indeed. We spend a lot of time at her place just talking and being lazy too. We have reached a level of familiarity now which is quite comforting. The kind of closeness, where your friends ask you what you want to do as a unit. Where you hang out alone together and have a great time laughing, and joking about the most random things, where you have a handful of inside jokes that build and evolve every week. She basically kicks a whole bunch of ass. (I haven't been getting tooo drunk much any more. But on Friday nights with "the boys" I usually go to be a round 5 a.m.)
I don't know, I mean, my life is probably pretty uninteresting to you folks back home now. I pretty much work, eat, sleep, play music, hang out with the Yumi, study Korean, and climb at the outdoor climbing wall in Suji 2 times a week now. There's not much time for anything else. I'd travel around Asia, but I'm trying to pay of my credit cards and medical bills, so I'll finish my contract debt free with about 4 grand in the bank. I am planning on going to see Radiohead in Tokyo later in the year with Jon, Kaler, and you guessed it, Yumi. It'll be nice to come back to the states and make my rounds, I'm almost half way done, so it will feel sooner than we all think. Please comment on the blog if you read it so I know I'm not wasting my time. Thanks to those who comment already.
I need a haircut
Until next time slutbags
2 comments:
No Dom....it's not a waste! I'm still around reading your bloggy blog! I really dig the video...you should do that more often if you have time =)
marong
Darl Biniaz.
I agree, more videos! I'll find a way to upload some for your enjoyment as well.
Might be coming to Philippines/perhaps northeast Asia this winter. If I do hopefully you won't be gone yet.
Black Gate Arete continues to thwart me. 5 days of effort now bitch.
-E
Post a Comment